Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ode to Family and a Little Independence (LONGEST POST EVER!!)

Alright, DISCLAIMER!! I know this is long, but I can't help it...there was A LOT to say and show you!

My mother-in-law's birthday was on Friday the 21st. We decided this year we were going to celebrate Easter and the big six O birthday of Peggy Summers on the same day. : ) SO, this is my Ode to the Summers Family. They rock on so many different levels, but here are a few, please see pictures below if you don't believe me.

They love to sit around and chat about things like levers and fulcrums, amongst other things.
( no picture for proof, but if you don't believe me, ask my brother Judd, who as a science teacher, was the authority we called to settle the debate).Pat Summers, Julie Click and Sherman Click (Stephen's aunt and uncle)

Tiaras are involved in your birthday, regardless of age, and multiple people must wear it during the day.Anna and birthday granny in a pretty tiara

Kaylee sporting the tiara

Karen (Stephen's sister ) sporting the tiara

They love each other regardless and come together on holidays and special occasions for each other. (the kindness abounds!)
They like to have fun and most of the time, food, GOOD food, is involved.
Anna seemed to get really fussy once we got to Rockport (see her TOTALLY losing it in the picture with the confetti above..and Stephen's concerned look). She had a 101 temp under her arm (which means it is actually higher..apparently the armpit isn't a good gauge for internal temp). She hunted eggs and did OK once we had her all hopped up on Ibuprofen, but she wasn't her funny self. So, you can see how excited she is in these pics. LOVE the diva "don't mess with me" look.
Anyway, after being on antibiotics for a few doses she is perking up. Stephen took Monday to stay home and I stayed home today with her (her fever has to be scarce for 24 hours before she can go back to school ) and got some hysterical pics of her eating yogurt. She is in the independent stage where she wants to do everything herself. So, here she is making a mess, but, she is eating yogurt by herself. Notice the large ghetto bib. I had regular ones, but didn't think it would catch all the spillage...and man was I right. : ) My mother-in-law left her camera here so it could finish downloading pictures the other day and man was I having a ball playing around with that thing. It is amazing how much clearer a digital SLR is compared to just a regular ole' digital camera. Anyway, enjoy the pics and have a fabulous week!How sweet is that face! UH!

3 comments:

Jeremy Rhodes said...

by the look of things, the correct word for this item is not "bib." it is more likely "shirt," "smock, "backwards cape," or "queen size bed sheet."

Question: on boys' birthdays, do we still involve the tiaras?

The Johnstons said...

I love the attitude picture!

Karen said...

Looks like a pretty rockin family! Ha ha... Do I say it enough? ...Our family is so blessed to have you in it... Thanks for the blogging. I just love reading your words & seeing the pics. Love you,