Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A few things that make me smile....

The weather has been really pretty here lately, and in the evenings we will take Anna outside and let her play for a while. This really makes me happy. When I was in college I would eat lunch with the squirrels on campus during the spring and have a chat with God. Being outdoors always makes me feel closer to Him, and I love that feeling while spending time with my family.

We took some pictures the other day while outside and some turned out ok, but the main thing I want to point out about these pictures is why we took them. Anna has refused to have anything to do with girly stuff like putting up her hair. I find this is true with most toddler girls because they are too fussy to let their mothers touch their hair, so I try not to come down too hard on her. : ) However, when I see Tessa Grace with her hair up, I sigh a bit, because she looks SO cute and I know Anna has all this cute potential ready to be unleashed!


Anyway, the day of the pictures Anna had let her teacher at school put up her hair in pig tails. Anna had actually requested it by grabbing the rubber bands and taking them to her teacher. YEAH! This made me SO happy because there are now possibly some "hair up" days in my future! Apparently some of the other girls were getting their hair put up. ( they were having a "salon" day ) Who says peer pressure is a bad thing?! Anyway, the pictures unleashed the cute potential I knew was within her. : )
And lastly. You. You all make us smile. In moving to Corpus and with all of the sickness going around, socialization has not been something we have had a lot of time for. I have though, at night, when Stephen is at work, had time to blog and look at your blog. It does my heart good to see you and know that things are going good or bad, to read encouragement in comments and feel encouraged by your stories. I think this whole bloggin thing has really been a great blessing for Stephen and I. (thanks Holly) We LOVE to share our precious child with our family who lives far away, whether you are blood or not. : ) And we LOVE having the window into your world to know how you are doing.

How sweet is this picture?? I just love the "feel" of the lighting.

1 comment:

Jeremy Rhodes said...

your blog is my favorite. on the serious.