Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jerry had the right idea....

For those of you Seinfeld lovers out there....8 years is a good run for not throwing up. Since my pregnancy with Anna, I had to put all bets aside. BUT, before I was pregnant, I had gone about 2 years without throwing up. Not that anyone enjoys this activity, but I ABHOR it. So when the daycare my blessed child attends, told me that there was a stomach virus going around, I was afraid, VERY afraid. But, the week went on, and we seemed to dodge a bullet. I was thrilled.

Then it hit, 5 am Saturday morning, Anna woke up dry heaving. This went on until 8 am...SO MUCH FUN! Poor baby, she just wanted me to hold her while she slept, but that would include me holding her when she threw up ( and yes, dry heaving includes bile ). My apologies for those of you out there with weak stomachs. But the funny thing is, as gross as it is describing it now, at that moment you don't think about that, you just do it. It's your baby, and all you want to do is make it better for her, so you take care of her and get grossed out later.

Not to go on and on with the details, she got sick later that afternoon and I got the real deal. NOT FUN. OH...and can I mention that Stephen was at work during this...aren't I lucky??

Sunday was a day of promise. On the BRAT diet ( Bananas, Rice, Apples, and Toast) with help from gatorade, we had no instances of throwing up occur.

That is, until I started feeling icky that evening. YEP....I got the beloved stomach virus.
My friend Kristy had a blog post not too long ago about being sick. Granted, she had pink eye ( which is different from this but on its own, not a very attractive illness) however, she had a pic with her blog post and she was gorgeous! I looked like grizzly adams with a hangover. MAN, it was bad. Anyway, after a day of missed work, things are looking up. At this juncture Stephen has managed to escape this terrible virus and hopefully things will be well for a LONG season here in the Summers' household. We have had our share of illness lately and I have had my fill.

We will post some pics when things are a little more organized and attractive. : )

Hope you all have a blessed week!

3 comments:

The Johnstons said...

Oh no...so sorry to hear that you have all been sick! Guess you and Anna didn't get to go visit Libby. Hope you are all feeling better real soon...and I thought Parker's cold was bad! :)

The Pereira Family said...

You are so funny! I'll take pink eye over throwing up any day. It's just awful isn't it? Hope you and Anna feel better soon, and yes I think we should see pictures of you and all your Grizzly Adams glory. ;)

Corrie said...

Sorry about the tummy troubles!! This will make you laugh though...
When I read the title "Jerry had the right idea..." I immediately thought you were talking about Jerry Kerr!! HA! I still think about him from time to time. Remember when someone asked him what kind of dog it was and he said, "It is just your basic dog!" He was a hoot. Okay, I know you were talking about Jerry Seinfeld, but my mind went another direction!