Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh yes, our daughter is a genius, or an artist, or ....is having visions

Don't get all bent out of shape with the visions thing, it was a joke. Once you see the picture Anna drew lately you will see my point. She drew this at school and with no help mind you. What do you see? I know...I know, it is all just a bunch of lines here and there. But if you look for content, you will see the right side of her brain must have been working over time. We saw an angel wearing a scarf serving up some sort of dish that is flying off the plate. Or it could be a release of a dove with a halo or something...the jury is still out. Either way, we thought it was cool. At least I did...my kid is going to grow up to draw pretty pictures. : ) Or maybe she won't....and that is ok with me. I periodically see those parents on "The Soup" where they show clips from Show Biz Moms and Dads..and it puts me in check...those people are NUTS! : )

Anyway, so we went down to my parents house for Parker's birthday. Parker is my brother Jered's son. He is SO precious and hysterically opposite of Anna in every way. I absolutely love it. He weighs about 5 pounds but he is all boy, super into trucks and wheels, very independent and itty bitty in the cutest way. He hates to be away from mom, but the minute you catch his attention with something, he is all yours...which makes it all the sweeter. I like to win over attention sometimes, the challenge is nice. I think that is why I like cats. Anyway, we really enjoyed getting to see him and be there to experience his first birthday. He wanted very little to do with the cake, other than to destroy it...like I said, ALL boy. Here are some pics from the weekend.Sweet little hand full of destruction.
I love this face...he is so happy to get cleaned up...Anna would be screaming right now. Such a sweet happy boy.Can't you just hear it in the background....Bond, James Bond. Look at his eyebrow and little puckered lips...HYSTERICAL!

Anna having a good time racing down the hill courtesy of T-Ma.Uncle Judd raced her down the hill next and I just love this pic. She could model wagons. Uncle Jered is teaching her some tips on batting. This was Parker's birthday present, she couldn't wait to get her hands on it! : )


OK, these next few pictures make me happy that cameras exist. Mom and Anna on Friday evening, after playing hard outside and Anna and Dad the following day, feeding the koi fish of a neighbor down the street. They make me want to cry, because I know she will cherish these photos for the rest of her life. I know I will.
And last but not least, Anna's cheesy school pictures. She is barely smiling and isn't giving off that cute girl feel we know she is capable of. So, Stacy, this is what I was expecting, your boys pics from school are WAY cuter. I blame the photographer...not my sweet girl. Have a great week! : )

5 comments:

One of them Youngs... said...

I for one think the drawing looks like a girl hula-hooping around a purple fire...she's clearly going to be an extravagant dancer! And the school pic is fantastic!!! I hope Noelle has those same little sweet pigtails!

The Pereira Family said...

Love the pics of Anna Banana (anyone with the name Anna gets this nickname from me....it's habit) with your parents. Being the emotional wreck that I am these days, they make me want to cry too.

The Johnstons said...

First, after much studying I can see the angel in Anna's picture. Second, your description of Parker is so funny...hit the nail right on the head. But come on, give him a break...he's at least 17 pounds! Third, the pictures of Anna with J-Pa and T-Ma are so precious! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jody! I love your blog! Anna has gotten so big! What great pics with your parents! And there's not much more to say about Parker..what a lil man! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking such great pics of my grandkids! Anna's school pic is a bit solemn, but I'd rather
like to describe it as an
"intellectual" pose. T-Ma