Friday, May 16, 2008

The Many Faces of Anna Blair Summers

First off, how great is this picture of Anna and Stephen?!
So on Mother's Day we went and had lunch with my parents at their house. Dad grilled steaks and Stephen made the sides. We had a nice time but later in the afternoon Stephen had to go to work and Anna and I stayed behind to hang out with my mom and dad for a little longer. While we were there Anna was wanting something or other, can't remember what, and she was making her normal, "I want this but can't get to it" frustrated face. Mom said, " Anna, you are going to give yourself wrinkles." Then said to me, "she makes the funniest expressions." This got me thinking and I started to look back at the photos we have of some of these expressions. So I present, the various expressions of Miss Anna Blair. Get ready, some are pretty hysterical.I love my daddy.

This is the face she makes when we pray. She doesn't like closing her eyes. So she kind of squints them. She also uses this when we ask to look at her eyes or clean her eyes.
Very happy to get something she wants.

She does this shifty thing with her eyes when she is doing something she isn't supposed to, like putting 8 orange slices in her mouth at once.

A very a dramatic bye bye.

I have NO clue. But it sure looks funny.

This is her normal face when she isn't happy or sad, just hanging out. Such a sweet girl.

How's that for expressive? That is what happens when we don't get what we want.

Sweet smile you get when playing games like hide and seek.

Forced smile. She almost grits her teeth she bites down so hard. Cheese ball.

So this is the scary Anna smile. I almost hear a maniacal laugh .

Oohh! Excitement and shock. This is one of my favorites.

This is the frustrated look I was talking about earlier that is going to give her wrinkles. : )


By far my favorite expressive pic to date. She doesn't even look like the same kid. Her teeth CRACK me up in this pic. She, Dave Letterman and Madonna have the same look going. She does NOT like to have her picture taken sometimes. She puts her hand up and says no and makes this face.
Well, I hope all is well with yours and that you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

The Pereira Family said...

so funny...love it!

Stephanie & Scott said...

anna looks like she is just a blast! last time we saw her she was about 4months old....
I love that she is dramatic, strong and expressive!
she is adorable.

Anonymous said...

love love LOVE it!
my favorite is the squinty eyes- hilarious!
love and miss you guys- nik

The Johnstons said...

love, love all the pictures...but especially the first one of her and stephen!

Anonymous said...

Anna's face tells the story of how God said, "I think I will give her Stephen's mouth and Jody's eyes."
Of course, I totally see Jody in those squinty mischievous eyes and a sweet smile that is so like Stephen.
T-Ma

Jenny said...

Your family is precious! Thanks for your sweet comment. I'm glad that I'm one of your favorites b/c you are one of my favorites too! What little time we've spent getting to know each other has been wonderful! I have much respect for you and I am so happy that you are part of Holly's family! I look forward to checkin' in on you and your family!

jordan said...

anna is so beautiful!