Thursday, April 10, 2008

Examples and responsibility.....

Anna has been pretty sick again lately. She got another ear infection Easter weekend and we have been trying to re coop. In the midst of that, she got a virus, probably from the stupid playground...oh well. Anyway, she has been home mostly this week and today I was taking her with me to Rockport so my mother-in-law could watch her at the vacation house. As we were driving, I was putting on my makeup, yeah yeah I know...but I was running late, so back off. Anyway, as I was putting on my makeup I saw her in the rear view mirror mimicking me. She was rubbing her face like I was...she was doing what I was doing. It hit me like a ton O bricks that she is emulating me, that everything I do, she will want to do it too. SCARY. I mean she has copied me before, but I guess it took her doing a female thing for me to realize that I have a different role than Stephen. She is going to look to me for knowledge on how to be a woman. That is an EXTREMELY overwhelming feeling just in case you were wondering.

So, I stopped putting on my makeup and prayed for some strength and guidance. I want to do the best job by letting Jesus be her example and letting Him make me the best woman I can be and by proxy teaching Anna to be the best woman she can be. It is a huge responsibility and I don't want to look back years from now and see the sins I have passed down to her, but the blessings God has bestowed upon her because of my obedience to Him. Anyway, thought I would share that....it was a pretty heavy 40 minutes to work this morning, but WAY worth the lesson He shared with me.

SO, on another note that is kind of in line with this post, talking about responsibility and all... Not to get too political, but I saw this today and was a little frightened. I am not sure about the connection with Obama, but the stuff that comes straight from the horses mouth is pretty scary. My mom sent this to me in an email titled, "what do YOU think?"

And I am asking the same question, out of curiosity....so if you feel like it, let me know...
http://heartofflesh.wordpress.com/2008/03/27/the-church-of-oprah-exposed/

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Jeremy Rhodes said...

we've known for years that Oprah teaches a New Age spirituality that has nothing to do with Biblical Christianity. No surprises there. What really gets me is the Obama tie-in at the end. Really? Oprah is a crazy heretic who endorses Obama, so now we should fear Obama? This guilt-by-association crap is insulting to our intelligence. While the beginning of the video points out the reality of Oprah's unorthodox beliefs, the end is a desperate move from some political conservative to get me to fear Obama. This is the same political-spiritual manipulation that the leaders of the Religious Right have been engaging in for years.

Jeremy Rhodes said...

P.S. Is it me, or does that spiritual teacher dude scare you? Seriously, what is going on with his facial hair? A neck beard? Is that a mogwai living under his chin? I'm just sayin.

Summers said...

I agree with you on the Obama thing...it was very random. It was like "while we have your attention...Obama BAD!" And I love the gremlins reference...that guy is TOTALLY creepy...even his accent is creepy. He kind of looks like Bindy Erwin...you know the crocodile hunter's daughter...poor kid.

The Johnstons said...

it was SO good talking to you last night! praying for all of you. :)