Friday, December 28, 2007

There's just something about that name.....

So, Christmas was good. We spent time with Stephen's family in Victoria. Things were great until Christmas Eve, when the cold came to visit...and I don't mean weather. Yep, you got it - we all got a cold. Anna started strong with a runny nose and cough. I came along second with a scratchy throat and stuffy head, and Stephen followed up the rear with all of the above.

Anyway, it wasn't a very photogenic Christmas...Anna was NOT having it when it came to camera time. I will post some of these because you have to admit they are funny, but I will wait until I have all of them...some are on other cameras.

Today was a fairly rough day. We are still trying desperately to get over this cold to no avail. Anna was not really having any of it...all she wanted to do was sit in my lap and watch Baby Einstein all day...which, as comforting as that sounds cannot be good for her. So when she pointed at the tv and said moh moh...which is Anna for remote (she knows the remote makes the dvd player work - smart girl!) and I said no, she flipped her lid.

So, the last hour of the evening, I really tried to spend some quality time with her. It was great. She was positive and played and smiled and made me smile. We threw a little plastic football and she was able to say two words together (which we have been working on). I kept saying over and over, "Good throw Anna!" A few minutes later, she said, gooh toe! I was so happy. : )

Then when it was time to get her to bed, I rocked her and talked with her (can't sing as I normally do because I am sick ) about how I loved her and Daddy loved her and Jesus loved her. I looked at her and said, "Anna, can you say Jesus"? And she said it....SO clear it shocked me. So much that I just started crying. It was an amazing moment to hear my child utter the most important Name in the universe. I am so thankful for the life I have and the life He has entrusted to Stephen and I. It is pretty humbling...and makes you want to be the best parent ever. Made me think of the old hymn....and I agree, there's just something about that Name.

2 comments:

Beth said...

It is those times that make a day like you had pass away and we only see Him in our children. My heart swells when I read stories about our children and especially stories coming from those that have a special place in my heart already! Happy New Year!

One of them Youngs... said...

Love it. His name really doesn't sound any sweeter than coming from the mouths of our own babies. I hope you all feel better soon :)