Thursday, December 20, 2007

Poh Poh.....

I am not resurrecting terms we used in high school for the cops and this is not me trying out a Kevin Fedderline song. The title of this post is my child's rendition of the large animal we all know as a hippopotamus. We have been watching Baby Noah in the evenings as we are getting ready for bed and she just LOVES the hippo. She will walk around the house just saying it over and over...poh poh....poh poh....poh poh. It gets quite funny. She is also really getting into children's songs...you know, the ones that drive you mad and create a desire in you to scream. I sit there and tell myself over and over; this is good for her, it is for her development....she is learning. But there is only a certain number of times you can listen to There's a Hole in the Bucket before you get a little crazy. I just wish that toddlers at her age didn't need so much repetition. She wants everything, again. Ghin mah..ghin. ( again mama, again) This is what I get quite often. That or Moe. ( translation, more.) But back to the children's songs...she has started to sing! Stephen and I are tickled to death. She will sit in the car and bob her head to Row, Row, Row Your Boat and after they start singing the words she cannot say, like, "gently down the stream"...( a little advanced for my 17 month old) she will start saying Woah, woah, woah....which makes the horrid song drown out a bit and then you smile and tear up. They get so big, SO fast. It really is great to watch them learn every day and see what they can remember and recognize and repeat....even if it does mean listening to stuff you don't like.

In other news, Stephen finished his first semester and made a 4.0. I am so proud of him...he really is working hard. He is still at Cafe Aeby and really likes the people he works with and the knowledge he is gaining from being in a semi-upscale environment. If you ever come to Corpus, you must check it out, it is definitely worth it.

Tomorrow is the last day of school before the break...WOO HOO! The kids are about driving me nuts and I need a break. The last few days have been quite interesting in school, and if you want more details, it isn't appropriate to post so you will have to call me if I have caused enough intrigue.

I will be uploading a video of Anna dancing like a rapper as soon as I can figure out how to get it off of Stephen's phone. She was gettin' down too....you will have to look for it. Until then....here are a few pics of late....


Who doesn't love baby airwalks??



Hangin out with Dad.


Close up with a non Digital SLR...but I am not bitter.....

No comments: