Saturday, June 13, 2009

WIcked A New Musical


Stephen and I in the Majestic Theatre during intermission.  It was pretty dark and they were VERY particular about using a flash...or really, any camera at all...so Stephen wanted to play it safe.  : )

Stephen bought me tickets to see Wicked for Mothers Day.  He read my mind.  I have wanted to see this production since I heard about it going on National tour back in 05.  If you don't know this about me, I LOVE musical theatre.  I always have and always will.  I love music period, but you put that with live acting and dancing and I get all giddy.  We left Friday afternoon and drove to San Antonio to see this much acclaimed musical at the Majestic Theatre.  On the way up to the doors, my heel strap broke, which, it was going to happen..I have had those heels since 2002.  They have done their time.  Anyway, the shoe was almost impossible to walk in, but I was not going to let that bother me and ruin my good time.  And there is no way it could.  It was amazing.  The music was beautiful, the acting FABULOUS...I mean, wow, Katie Rose Clarke as Glinda was a HIGHLY entertaining physical actress and the voice of Donna Vivino  playing Elphaba was divine.  Stephen couldn't get over her voice.   Anyway, it was a night to remember.  I am almost tempted to buy tickets in Austin in two months seeing has how it won't be back in TX next year.  I will say if you ever get the chance to see this production, don't pass it up..it will knock your socks off.  

1 comment:

The Pereira Family said...

Jealous!!! I had another friend who saw it at the Majestic. Sounds like a fabulous time my friend!