Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Little Artist

Anna has been drawing a lot lately and today was the first time she actually set out to make something recognizable and succeeded, well kind of.  This is how it went.
Anna - "Mommy, I gonna draw a cat."
Me - "Sounds like a good plan squirt."
Anna - " See Mommy, see my cat."
Me - " Uh huh, ( glancing out the corner of my eye as I put up the dishes ) Oh! Wow! Anna, you did a really good job!" 
I then proceeded to grab my camera phone because the camera was in the car and I didn't want her to erase it.  See picture below, I was pretty impressed with my 2 year, almost 3 year old.  

OK, so the cat looks a little possessed, but it still kind of looks like a cat.  She got the almond shaped eyes and the nose and whiskers and mouth. It even has four legs and a tail.   I am not sure why the cat has a toupee and appears to be shooting fire out of its mouth, but whatever.  

Then we went outside and she proceeded to tell me she was going to draw a sun with her chalk.  OK people, I know that a sun is not that hard of a thing to draw, but after the cat incident I was interested to see how it turned out.  You can see the results and judge for yourself, but beware of making harsh comments because I think she is genius.  That is her sun on the right under her leg, not that large blue thing.  
And I will give you one more story for humor sake and also just to write it down which so many people have told me I have to do once they have heard it.  The other day I was cooking Dinner and I had Anna up on the counter because she likes to watch while we cook.  This is how the conversation went.
Anna - "Mommy, gimme hugs."
Me - ( hugging her REAL big and making the grunting big hug sound)
Anna - ( pulls away with a confused look on her face ) "Mommy? You poopin your pants?"

I started laughing so hard I almost wet myself instead of what she was accusing me of.  I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Anna's artistry is pretty good. We can say that the cat picture is a tribute to Itty, who is no longer with us. =( Rest in peace, Itty. T-Ma

Kristin said...

What a funny girl Anna is! I know you are proud of your little artist.

Congrats to the graduate! His cake is gorgeous!