Sunday, July 27, 2008

Moving right along....

We went to my brother Jered's house in Waco a few weeks ago and had a blast of a time with him and Holly and Parker. I am not going to post all of the great pics twice, but please visit her site to see all of the fun we had. I will show a few pics that were my favorite and a few that didn't make it on her blog.

Holly playing play dough with Anna. (video coming soon at how EASY it is to make)...for those of you interested in making homemade play dough.
Climbing
She did NOT want her picture taken. She is such a diva when it comes to the camera.
At Panera Bread with Jeremy, Nikki and Eleanor Rhodes. Once again, Anna did not want to take a picture.
Eleanor saw Anna's hair and was going in for the kill.

I love both these pics because Anna is having such a blast. It just makes me smile.

So, moving on, we found out last Monday that Anna was able to get into "the" daycare in Rockport, the town where I teach. We put her on the waiting list last year and didn't think a thing about it until this summer, when we realized that Stephen was only going to be in school for three days of the week in Corpus and I was commuting 45 minutes 5 days a week to Rockport. So we called "the" daycare (and I say this because everyone in town says everywhere else, which is not a lot of places, are not worth it in comparison to this one) and because of our previous years placement on the waiting list, she was allowed an upcoming spot. So, we went with it. We started looking for a place to live, and found one within a matter of days that is more affordable than the one we are currently renting. I have three weeks left of summer and two are taken up partly for staff development. So, we have begun packing. Oh, how I loath packing. I have been singing that in my head for the last few days to the tune of Oh, how I love Jesus. It makes me feel better as I open yet another cabinet to find gobs and gobs of junk that we have decided we cannot live without. I really am fine about it...I have had more time to pack appropriately, not just throwing stuff in a box hoping it won't break during the move and I am getting really positively anxious about living in a new place. I could have been a military brat I think with the love I have of starting again and the idea of change. Anyway, I will try to post with pictures of our new place and how things are going once we get settled week after next. I am in PD this coming Tuesday and Wednesday and then on Thursday we move. Stephen is still searching for a job in a restaurant, they are currently finishing up with summer staff who are heading back to college and he hopes to hear from various prospects this coming week. Pray for success in that if you feel so inclined. Have a fabulous week!

No comments: