Monday, November 12, 2007

TAEA...a weekend full of fun!

This weekend I went to an Art Educators Conference in Galveston. We had a very good time...I had a chance to catch up with some of the people I have taught along side in the past. I also got the chance to meet some new additions to the VISD art team. Saturday night we all got beaded up for an evening on The Strand titled Arti Gras. Evelyn had brought some masks with her from Marti Gras the year before and we were going to adorn these along with our beads she brought. We found out before departure from the hotel that they were going to provide masks that we were to decorate as we toured the shops on the strand. SO...we opted to leave the masks ( that were AMAZING ) in our room. BAD decision. The masks they gave us were Robin masks...like on Batman and Robin, but worse because the ones we were given were cardboard. You can see my distaste in this lovely photo. All in all, we had a great time. It is always good to see old friends.

Here is a picture of me and my new buddy Renee'...see how the the large mannequin is checkin' her out. Pretty funny.

Picture of us all with some random large gorilla. Why not? And the woman hiding in the back, that is Daisy. Funny lady. Also, I did not realize that I would look like such a dork in that pose...I really was just very happy to be there.

And on another note, while I was out, Stephen was slaving away at work while Anna stayed with T-Maw for two days and then another two with her Granny. Here are a few new pics that just make me laugh. The one where she looks like a drunk man at a pub was taken in Victoria at her Granny's house. So funny!


Anna, so happy watching Hi-5...her favorite show on tv.

2 comments:

The Johnstons said...

Glad you had a chance to get away and have a good time...it looks like it was lots of fun! I think Anna had fun too! Can't wait to see all of y'all next weekend! Love you!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog through Corrie Searight's. She's a good friend of mine. Anyway, I just had to comment because my mother is an art teacher and was at the same conference you were in Galveston weekend before last. Ha! She has some very similar pics of the "Arty Gras" festivities!